Wine Tastings in Reading, Windsor and Berkshire
Hello and welcome to Thames Valley Wine School - a local events company providing wine tastings and courses across Reading, Windsor and Berkshire.
We offer a wide variety of choices, from one-off tastings to longer courses covering wine in greater depth. Our events are held in relaxed surroundings, and are for people who enjoy wine and wish to learn more!
In addition to our regular tastings, we're also an approved provider of WSET Courses (Wine & Spirit Education Trust), as well as regularly hosting both Corporate and Private Events (inc. Hen & Stag) across the Thames Valley region!
..and if that wasn't enough we also sell Gift Vouchers too...!
Why choose Thames Valley Wine School?
- Wine Tasting for everyone - whatever your wine knowledge, our sessions are designed to be fun, social and inclusive!
- We do not sell wine - all wines are hand-picked for quality and included in your ticket price - at the end we give you the details of where to buy locally!
- Our sessions are centrally located in both Reading and Windsor
- Tasting sheets, nibbles and use of professional tasting glasses are included.
- Read our latest Trip Advisor reviews
"Great choices of wine with really good accompanying nibbles. Entertaining and passionate presentation on key facts of the wines and their origins"
- Nick Jones, February 2017 via Google Reviews
"The environment was friendly and the teacher delivered at just the right level to keep it fun and informative"
- Eggy1961, March 2017 via TripAdvisor
"A really enjoyable way to learn about wine! Well hosted and very welcoming atmosphere. Looking forward to the next one."
- Juliet , March 2017 via TripAdvisor
Get to grips with the fascinating world of wine on this 4 week introductory course.
Run over 4 consecutive weeks, this is for people who enjoy wine and want to learn more about it in a fun, friendly and relaxed setting with no previous wine tasting experience necessary!
- Week 1 - Introduction to Wine Tasting
- Week 2 - White Wines of the World
- Week 3 - Red Wines of the World
- Week 4 - Italian Food & Wine Matching
What if I have to miss any evenings?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subseqent Beginner's Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for other Thames Valley Wine School courses and tastings.
Windsor Course - starts 7th July - click for further info
Venues and Times
Our events in Reading are held at the Novotel Reading Centre, Friar St, RG1 1DP. This upscale hotel is centrally located, modern and spacious allowing for a relaxed setting to learn about wine.
- Evenings from 7.15pm / Weekend WSET from 10am
Our events in Windsor are held at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa, Thames St, SL4 1PX. Tucked off a cobbled street under the ramparts of Windsor castle, the hotel is on the banks of the river Thames nr. Eton Bridge.
- Evenings from 7.15pm / Saturday Courses from 11am
For further details on our venues (inc. maps), please click here.