Wine Tastings in Reading, Windsor and Berkshire
Hello and welcome to Thames Valley Wine School - an independent wine education company providing tastings and courses across Reading, Windsor and Berkshire.
We offer a wide variety of choices, from one-off tastings to longer courses covering wine in greater depth. Our events are held in relaxed surroundings, and are for people who enjoy wine and wish to learn more!
In addition to our regular tastings, we're also an approved provider of WSET Courses (Wine & Spirit Education Trust), as well as regularly hosting both Corporate and Private Events across the Thames Valley region!
..and if that wasn't enough we also sell Gift Vouchers too!...
What makes us different?
- being educators and not retailers, we are not affiliated to any wine merchants and thus do not sell wine!
- our events are friendly and fun, again with no pressure to buy, making us unique in the wine tasting field.
- we offer structured courses if you want to learn more; for example, our 8-Week World Tour is designed to give an in-depth view of where the best wine is being made in the world today, whilst tasting over 50 wines along the way...!
- Read our latest Trip Advisor reviews
"Highly recommended to anyone wanting to know and experience more about wine.."
- Simon B, October 2016 via Google Reviews
"Fantastic informal atmosphere generated by the instructor with lots of practical tasting; everyone has great fun and class interaction was friendly"
- Stompy94, November 2016 via TripAdvisor
"The 2 hour sessions are well researched, well presented, and most of all fun!"
- Michael, November 2016 via TripAdvisor
Achieve a wine qualificiation in a day!
The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 Award in Wine is an ideal starting point for anyone who is considering embarking on a professional career in the drinks industry or those with no little or prior experience of wine tasting.
It is an enjoyable, relaxed and interactive course which is completed in a single day, including the exam, making it easy to fit in with busy schedules.
- This course is a good introductory first course for wine enthusiasts wishing to study in a structured way - the qualification covers skills such as identifying wine styles, storing and serving wine and food and wine matching.
- The day finishes with a 30-question multiple choice exam. Most students pass this with ease.
For more information and booking details - please click here
Venues and Times
Our events in Reading are held at the Novotel Reading Centre, Friar St, RG1 1DP. This upscale hotel is centrally located, modern and spacious allowing for a relaxed setting to learn about wine.
- Evenings from 7.15pm / Weekend WSET from 10am
Our events in Windsor are held at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa, Thames St, SL4 1PX. Tucked off a cobbled street under the ramparts of Windsor castle, the hotel is on the banks of the river Thames nr. Eton Bridge.
- Evenings from 7.15pm / Saturday Courses from 11am
For further details on our venues (inc. maps), please click here.