8-Week 'World of Wine' Course
The 8-week World of Wine Course is a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience and the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
- over 50 wines will be tasted in 8 weeks
- retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5 to over £20
- discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- food & wine matching advice
- common wine faults - how to spot them
- storing & serving wine advice
- taste the worlds' major grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc & many others
Our 8-week Wine Courses can also be purchased as a Gift Voucher
COURSE FEE STRUCTURE
As a way of spreading out the cost we ask for a £120 payment on booking, and then £10 in cash each evening to cover the cost of Food and Wine each night. Great value - only £25 per evening and SAVING £40 off the price of 8 evenings booked separately!
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subseqent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for other Thames Valley Wine School courses and tastings.
COURSE PROGRAMME (8 weeks):
- Week 1: France - Burgundy & Loire; tasting skills, aroma tests
- Week 2: France - Bordeaux & the Rhone ; plus how wine is made & use of oak
- Week 3: Europe - Alsace, Germany & Austria - plus how to serve wine
- Week 4: Europe - Italy & Spain; plus new regions & wines, food & wine matching
- Week 5: New World - Australia & New Zealand - plus the use of oak
- Week 6: New World - Chile & Argentina - plus the role of climate & weather
- Week 7: New World - USA & South Africa; plus common wine faults
- Week 8: Fizz - Champagne & Sparkling plus Champagne - how it's made, difference between Vintage/Non Vintage. Where to buy the best Champagne
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE ?
By the end of the 8 evenings, you will have gained a good understanding of the worlds' major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have an appreciation of the worlds' major wine regions and the wines they produce. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting sheets and some food are all provided.
The introductory 8 week World of Wine Course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would
Places remaining: 7
Date/Time: 31st Jan 2018 at 7.15pm
Venue: Novotel Reading Centre