Saturday Course & Lunch
Our Saturday Courses are a full day wine experience hosted at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa in Windsor. It includes an aperitif on arrival and a delicious 2-course lunch.
In total guests will taste 13 examples and learn all about wine during the day. The event is suitable for anybody, from beginners to budding connoisseurs and situated in a relaxed, informal environment.
Typical events include:
'Introduction to Wine' Course
Interested in wine & want to learn more? Our 'Introduction to Wine' course covers all the need-to-know including grape varieties, climate, food and wine matching, how wine is made, the use of oak and much more. Further information can be found at the listings below.
'The Wines of Italy' Course
Come and enjoy an informal and fun journey through the world of Italian wine! Tasting 13 wines across the day, discover what makes Italy one of the most fascinating wine producing nations in the world! Further information can be found at the listings below.
Both of our Saturday courses include a two-course lunch at the esteemed 'Thames View' restaurant - typical dishes include:
(Please note though this is a sample menu and dishes available at time of booking may differ according to seasonal produce)
Starters (Italian course in Italics)
- Char-grilled asparagus, avocado and sun-blush tomato salad (v)
- Crispy duck pancake, cucumber, spring onion and hoisin dressing
- Citrus cured salmon on crispy potato, deep fried hen's egg and pea puree
- Mushroom Arancini with mozzarella on rocket and pesto salad
- Honey dew melon and Parma ham with raspberry and lime dressing
- Roast courgette and lemon thyme soup with artichoke (v)
Main Courses (Italian Course in Italics)
- Smoked haddock Monte Carlo, smoked haddock, spinach, poached egg
- 8oz Rib eye steak with flat mushroom, tomato, onion rings and chips
- Pan-friend duck in honey on Pak Choi, confit of baby pepper and hoi-sin
- Wild mushroom and pine nut risotto, drizzled with pesto (v)
- Grilled Chicken on smoked paprika and red pepper risotto, natural yoghurt
- Linguine with cep mushrooms, spring onion and truffle oil (v)
- Pan-fried seabass on creamed basil gnocchi with sun-blush-tomato
Recent Reviews: "Fascinating and fun. Learned a lot and had a great time with a nice group of people. Wines were all fantastic and the cheese was good too. Venue and lunch were lovely and Phil was a knowledgeable and great teacher. Highly recommended." Simon K, via Trip Advisor
- 1100 – 1300: Morning session including aperitif
- 1300 – 1415: 2 course lunch at the Thames View Restaurant
- 1415 – 1600: Afternoon session
These courses make original and interesting gifts! If you would like to purchase a session as a gift, simply book below and then email us asking for a voucher to be sent.