WSET Courses Levels 1 & 2
For anyone pursuing a career in wine or hospitality the WSET (Wine & Spirit Education Trust) offer globally-recognised qualifications useful for your CV.
Also for the interested consumer, WSET courses offer a chance to learn more about wine in a fun, but structured and concentrated way. These courses build your wine knowledge and enable you to interact confidently with sales staff in wine shops and waiters in restaurants.
All our WSET courses are examined and certificated within a QCA-approved National Qualifications Framework.
Why book a WSET course with Thames Valley Wine School?
- we offer a personal service with direct feedback on progress
- course numbers are kept below 13 to give more individual attention
- assistance offered to students when needed outside the classroom
- we don't sell wine allowing us to choose a wide range of styles
- our pass rates are much higher than national average
- our tutors are amongst the highest-performing in the UK
Join us at the best place to study WSET courses - with the 2015 Riedel WSET Educator of the Year winner's Local Wine School network.
"The L2 course was taught over 3 consecutive Sundays with about 15 hours of tuition and the tasting of around 40 wines. We learnt so much so quickly. It was extremely informative and also very enjoyable - Phill got the balance just right. It has certainly given me the appetite to take my wine education further." David M via TripAdvisor
WSET Level 1:
We offer WSET Level 1 as a single day course (selected Sundays).
- Ideal for boosting confidence of new or inexperienced front line staff in the hospitality and retail sectors.
- Establishes basic skills and product knowledge required in the service and retail of wine.
- This course is also a good introductory first course for wine enthusiasts wishing to study in a structured way: the qualification covers skills such as identifying wine styles, storing and serving wine and food and wine matching.
- The day finishes with a 30-question multiple choice exam. Most students pass this with ease.
No previous experience of Wine Tasting is necessary to register on this course. Click on the link for the full Level 1 course specification in a new browser window.
WSET Level 2:
You can begin at Level 2 (you don't need to complete Level 1 first).
- It's an ideal introduction to wine making, key grape varieties and major wine producing regions of the world.
- It is key vocational training for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available.
- It is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry who wish to study using a structured curriculum and formal assessment.
- It finishes with a 50-question multiple choice exam. Many students pass with merit or above.
No previous experience of Wine Tasting is necessary to register on this course. Click on the link for the full Level 2 course specification in a new browser window.
Dates: The course will be run on three consecutive Sundays from 2nd June to the 16th June from 10-5pm. If you cannot attend certain dates (including the first session) this need not
Places remaining: 6
Date/Time: 2nd Jun 2019 at 10-5pm
Venue: Crowne Plaza Reading, Caversham Bridge, RG1 8BD