Wine Tastings in Reading, Windsor and Berkshire
Hello and welcome to Thames Valley Wine School - a local events company providing wine tastings and courses across Reading, Windsor and Berkshire.
We offer a wide variety of choices, from one-off tastings to longer courses covering wine in greater depth. Our events are held in relaxed surroundings, and are for people who enjoy wine and wish to learn more!
In addition to our regular tastings, we're also an approved provider of WSET Courses (Wine & Spirit Education Trust), as well as regularly hosting both Corporate and Private Events (inc. Hen & Stag) across the Thames Valley region!
..and if that wasn't enough we also sell Gift Vouchers too...!
Why choose Thames Valley Wine School?
- Wine Tasting for everyone - whatever your wine knowledge, our sessions are designed to be fun, social and inclusive!
- We do not sell wine - all wines are hand-picked for quality and included in your ticket price - at the end we give you the details of where to buy locally!
- Our sessions are centrally located in both Reading and Windsor
- Tasting sheets, nibbles and use of professional tasting glasses are included.
We are the #1 Food & Drink Attraction in Reading
"A very enjoyable and informative evening with some lovely wines and very good cheeses - excellent in every way"
- DChristie2017, June 2017
"Phill shared his knowledge of good wine and food with passion and humour"
- Katyahand, June 2017
"Really interesting tasting with information about the wines, area, culture, food.."
- AnneA , April 2017
From September we’ll again run our 'World of Wine' course - 8 sessions over 8 Tuesdays teaching all the need-to-know about wine – the grapes, the regions and how to get the most out of your glass!
- Taste over 50 wines from around the world!
- All of the knowledge inc. how to taste wine, food matching, spotting corked wine and more!
- Unable to make a session? Get a credit for the next one!
- This course runs every Tuesday night in Reading from the 12th September, starting at 7.15pm and finishing at 9.15pm.
(Please note, this course sells out quickly so early booking is advised!)
Venues and Times
Our events in Reading are held at the Novotel Reading Centre, Friar St, RG1 1DP. This upscale hotel is centrally located, modern and spacious allowing for a relaxed setting to learn about wine.
- Evenings from 7.15pm / Weekend WSET from 10am
Our events in Windsor are held at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa, Thames St, SL4 1PX. Tucked off a cobbled street under the ramparts of Windsor castle, the hotel is on the banks of the river Thames nr. Eton Bridge.
- Evenings from 7.15pm / Saturday Courses from 11am
For further details on our venues (inc. maps), please click here.