8 Week 'World Of Wine' (Wednesdays - Reading)
The introductory 8 week World of Wine Course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience, the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
Our 8-week Wine Courses can also be purchased as a Gift Voucher
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess & taste wine like a true professional and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting approx 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary & met some new friends
Course Dates (all Wednesdays):
- 11th Oct - Burgundy & the Loire
- 18th Oct - Bordeaux & The Rhone
- 25th Oct - Alsace, Germany & Austria
- 1st Nov - Italy and Spain
- 8th Nov - Australia & New Zealand
- 15th Nov - Chile & Argentina
- 22nd Nov - USA & South Africa
- 29th Nov - Champagne & Sparkling Wines
Professional ISO Tasting Glasses, comprehensive notes and some food are provided.
COURSE FEE STRUCTURE
As a way of spreading out the cost we ask for a £120 payment on booking, and then £10 in cash each evening to cover the cost of Food and Wine each night. Great value - still £25 per evening and SAVING £40 off the price of 8 evenings booked separately)!
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
No problem - Pick up the missed session on the next World of Wine Course, or get a credit you can use for any of our wine courses or wine tastings.
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Wed 11th Oct 2017 at 7.15 pm
Duration: 2 hours for 8 weeks
Venue: Novotel Reading Centre