Saturday 'Introduction to Wine' inc. Lunch (Windsor)
11am to 4pm - starting with a decadent Champagne aperitif including a delicious 2-course lunch, and a tutored tasting of 12 superb wines!
Passionate about wine & want to learn more? Our Saturday Courses are a great way to spend an enjoyable day learning about wine and include a 2 course lunch and Champagne! This event is suitable for anybody who has a keen interest in wine, whatever their starting knowledge.
These courses make original and interesting gifts! If you would like to purchase a session as a gift, simply book below and then email us asking for a voucher to be sent.
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, tannin, acidity, oak
- Major wine producing countries, their grape varieties and the role of climate
- Food and Wine Matching
- Tips on the Storage and Service of Wine
- How Wine is made and how to understand a wine label
- The use of oak in wine and how it makes wine expensive
- Wine Faults and how to spot them
- Where to get the best wines at affordable prices
- Common wine myths debunked!
In addition, on the day we will be having a two-course lunch at the esteemed 'Thames View' restaurant at the hotel - typical dishes include:
(Please note though this is a sample menu and dishes available at time of booking may differ according to seasonal produce)
- Char-grilled asparagus, avocado and sun-blush tomato salad (v)
- Crispy duck pancake, cucumber, spring onion, and hoisin dressing
- Citrus cured salmon on crispy potato, deep fried hen's egg and pea puree
- Smoked haddock Monte Carlo, smoked haddock, spinach, poached egg
- 8oz rib-eye steak with flat mushroom, tomato, onion rings, chips and choice of sauces
- Pan-friend duck in honey on Pak Choi, confit of baby pepper and hoi-sin dressing
- Wild mushroom and pine nut risotto, drizzled with pesto (v)
- 1100 – 1300: Morning session including Champagne
- 1300 – 1415: 2 course lunch at the Thames View Restaurant
- 1345 – 1600: Afternoon session
Places remaining: 9
Course Date/Time: Sat 3rd Nov 2018 at 11am-4pm
Duration: 5 Hours
Venue: Sir Christopher Wren Hotel, Windsor