Saturday 'The Wines of Italy' Course inc. Lunch (Windsor)
Come and enjoy an informal and fun journey through the world of Italian wine! Tasting 13 wines across the day, discover what makes Italy one of the most fascinating wine producing nations in the world!
Enjoy beautiful Barolos, velvety Valpolicella and charming Chianti’s amongst many other Italian classics both old and new.
This event is suitable for anybody who has an interest in wine, whatever their starting knowledge.
These courses make original and interesting gifts! If you would like to purchase a session as a gift, simply book below and then email us asking for a voucher to be sent.
- Part 1 – Northern Italy – Piedmont, Lombardy, Veneto and Friuli
- Part 2 – Central & Southern Italy – Tuscany, Sardinia, Puglia & Sicily:
- Learn about the individual regions and taste local specialties
- The stereotypical differences between North and South Italy
- The rise of Prosecco, the Bellini and the story of the famous Harry’s bar!
- Understanding Italian Wine Labels
- Forgotten, emerging and re-emerging Italian Wines
- Frascati, Orvieto, Soave – cheap plonk or misunderstood?
- Chianti, candles and the rise of the Super Tuscans
- All about Sicily – History, Politics, Food, Drink and more!
In addition, on the day we will be having a Mediterranean inspired two-course lunch at the esteemed 'Thames View' restaurant at the hotel - typical dishes include:
(Please note though this is a sample menu and dishes available at time of booking may differ according to seasonal produce)
- Tomato and basil tart-tatin with balsamic syrup
- Prawn and Caesar salad skewers
- Mushroom Arancini with mozzarella on rocket and pesto salad
- Honey dew melon and Parma ham with raspberry and lime dressing
- Roast courgette and lemon thyme soup with artichoke (v)
- Grilled Chicken on smoked paprika and red pepper risotto, natural yoghurt
- Linguine with cep mushrooms, spring onion and truffle oil
- Pan-fried seabass on creamed basil gnocchi with sun-blush-tomato
- Stuffed pork steaks in a blue cheese sauces with garlic roast new potatoes
- Rocket and Parma ham pizza
- 1100 – 1300: Morning session including Bellini cocktail aperitif
- 1300 – 1415: 2 course lunch at the Thames View Restaurant
- 1415 – 1600: Afternoon session
Places remaining: 3
Course Date/Time: Sat 15th Sep 2018 at 11am-4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Sir Christopher Wren Hotel & Spa, Windsor