2wk Masterclass - Chile & Argentina (Reading)
Join us for a very exciting 2 week masterclass on the wines of Chile and Argentina
The rise of wine from South America has been massive in the UK and this course will explore the two major wine producing countries, their key regions and of course, we'll be sampling lots of new and exciting wines!
Week 1 - Chile (Tue 12th February)
- The history of Chilean Wines and its links to Bordeaux
- Why the Pacific Ocean is important
- Coastal Areas (Limari, Casablanca) and Central Valley
- The rise of Carmenere and why it works with spicy food
- The VIGNO movement
Week 2 - Argentina (Tue 19th February)
- The history of Argentinean wines
- Why the Andes mountains are important
- Mendoza and Altitude
- Patagonia - wine region of the future?
- Understanding Malbec in greater depth
Tickets are expected to sell fast, so please book now to avoid disappointment!
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Tue 12th Feb 2019 at 7.15pm
Duration: 2hours x 2 weekly se
Venue: 1st floor Novotel Reading Centre